Web Front-end Software Engineer
At Rancher, we are working on next-generation platform technology for running Docker containers in production. Containers are literally transforming computer industry as we speak. Come join our team to help deliver cutting-edge open source technologies and be part of the container revolution!
What you need for this position
- As a Web Front-end Software Engineer, you will be part of a world-class engineering team working on end-to-end UI development of new features and functionalities for Rancher, RancherOS, and all future product releases.
- You will help create and design wireframes through close collaboration with the backend team on how features are implemented.
- You are the first user for all Rancher features and must be a strong advocate for its usability.
- You must be able to produce responsive interfaces that are easy to use across all modern browsers and mobile devices and be capable of adapting to quick changes while working in a highly agile environment with both the open source community and our own engineering team.
- You must have experience with Ember.js, Angular.JS or any other JS framework, and have a strong desire to become an expert in it.
- You must be well versed in modern web technologies such as HTML5, CSS3, WebSockets, and REST.
- You should be comfortable with a command line and Linux in general and have some familiarity with infrastructure technologies like Docker containers, virtualization, networking and storage.
- Good oral and written communication skills is a must as everything we do is out for both customers and open source community to see!